Adolphus Augustus King1
M, #30310, b. Jul 6, 1894, d. Jul 6, 1981
|Father*||Peter King b. Oct 6, 1848, d. Feb 20, 1920|
|Mother*||Derilda Sirois2 b. Dec 25, 1867, d. Jul 3, 1940|
|Birth*||Jul 6, 1894||Adolphus Augustus King was born on Jul 6, 1894 at Richford, Franklin County, Vermont, United States.1,3|
|He was the son of Peter King and Derilda Sirois.2|
|Marriage*||Sep 24, 1923||Adolphus Augustus King married Lorena Lida Fecteau, daughter of Gaspard Cyprien Fecteau and Rosanna Delisle, on Sep 24, 1923 at Richford, Franklin County, Vermont, United States.1,4|
|Death*||Jul 6, 1981||Adolphus Augustus King died on Jul 6, 1981, at age 87 at Northwestern Medical Center, Saint Albans, Franklin County, Vermont, United States.5|
|Obituary||Jul 8, 1981|| OBITUARY: RICHFORD – Adolphus A. King, 87, died Monday evening, July 6, 1981, at St. Albans hospital following a brief illness.|
Mr. King was born in Richford July 6, 1894, the son of Peter and Derilda (Sirois) King.
He was a lifelong resident of Richford and he owned and operated a farm in Berkshire for 32 years. He had been employed by the Vermont Handle Co. for many years, retiring in 1976.
He is survived by his wife, Lorena (Fecieau) King; one son, Hollis King of Richford; three daughters, Mrs. Robert (Phyllis) Waterhouse, Miss Betty King and Mrs. Albert (Mary) Goddard, all of Richford; one brother, Levi King of Brewster, NY; three sisters, Mrs. Laura Boucher and Mrs. Rose Daniels, both of Cowansville, Quebec, and Mrs. Alvin Briar of Richford; 15 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, July 9, 1981 at All Saints Catholic Church in Richford with the Rev. Leonidas Laroche celebrating the Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow in Richford Center Cemetery. Friends may call at the Spears Funeral Home, 140 Main St., Richford…, today from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. In lieu of flowers, friends may make memorial contributions to the Richford Ambulance Service in care of Mrs. Ann Farnum, Dewey Street, Richford, VT 05476.
Published in the St. Albans Daily Messenger (St. Albans, Vermont) July 8, 1981.6
|Burial*||Jul 9, 1981||He was buried on Jul 9, 1981 at Richford Center Cemetery, Richford, Franklin County, Vermont, United States, Find A Grave Memorial# 71020346.7|
|Lorena Lida Fecteau b. Jan 23, 1905, d. Aug 22, 2004|
- [S2194] State of Vermont, Marriage Record - Vermont - Ancestry.com.
- [S815] FamilySearch.org, online http://www.familysearch.org
- [S1194] State of Vermont, Birth Record - Vermont - Familysearch.org.
- [S802] Site - Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com
- [S4094] State of Vermont, Death Record - Vermont - Ancestry.com.
- [S19] Obituary - Online, Newspaper or Funeral Home.
- [S58] Photograph of Cemetery Marker, Malcolm McKown, Colorado, United States, #293. Also check Find-A-Grave.com, Death Certificates & Billiongraves.com.
- [S1094] State of Vermont, Birth Record - Brith Record - Ancestry.com.